It was on June 27, 2012, during the Club Turn-Over Rites, held at Lancaster Hotel Manila, that Bryan Lu was inducted by incoming Peace Builder President, Ronald Lim. Thus Bryan Lu is considered as the first recruit in the presidency of Ronald Lim. Bryan was elected as president-nominee during the term of Anthony Catajan, and ultimately assumed Club presidency in his 25th months as Rotarian.
Among the accomplishments Pres. Bryan garnered in the Awards & Recognition Ceremonies held on June 27, 2015, at Crowne Plaza Hotel were:
1. Presidential Citation Award, conferred by RI Pres. Gary C.K. Huang & District Governor Marilou O. Co.
2. Every Rotarian Every Year Award.
3. Outstanding President Award. 4. Leadership Award.
5. Certificate of Recognition- for organizing Rotary Community Corp.
6. Certificate of Recognition-for supporting District 3800 flagship projects such as the construction of Rotary Wheel marker, holding of Rotary Day, providing assistance to persons with disabilities, and participating in the District Zone’s Grant project.
During his term as president of the Rotary Club of Mandaluyong East, President Bryan initiated various sustainable projects without assistance from the District Fund nor from RI Global Grant. These projects are based on Rotary’s Six Areas of Focus: Peace and conflict prevention/resolution, Disease prevention and treatment, Water and sanitation, Maternal and child health, Basic education and literacy, and Economic and community development.